May 23rd, 2021
11:30am EST Race Kickoff
Support your Charity.
Connect with your Teammates.
Sweat for Change.
In a world where so much is out of our control and so many opportunities to connect or compete have been put on hold, it’s time to think differently.
Time to think of ways to forge connections, make memories and give back to causes that matter to us.
Because isn’t that what life is about? Connecting with people we love and giving back to causes that matter.
Introducing: MOVE.4 Meaning.
A MOVE.ment to raise awareness for
ALSTDI, The NEC Society, and Your Charity
HOW IT WORKS:
- On May 23rd we will host our first Virtual Race for Charity- you can compete and participate from anywhere in the world. Everyone will run/walk/bike together (virtually, remotely, from anywhere) for a total of 54 minutes.
- Which charities? The $15.40 event registration fee will be donated directly to ALSTDI and The NEC Society which are non-profits that are working to find an end to ALS (the disease Mooch’s father lost his life to) and NEC (the disease Melissa’s daughter lost her life to).
- What about your charities? That’s where you and your TEAM come in! Build your team with 2 or more people... best part….. there is no limit on team size.
- When you register you and your Team will choose EITHER the biking option or the run/walk option. All team members need to choose the same mode of movement (run/walk is combined).
- We will kick off the event on Zoom and then each person/Team will be responsible for tracking their total distance during the 54 minutes.
- Entries will go into a shared google doc so we can all track each Team’s progress.
- Prizes for: Most Spirited, Highest AVERAGE miles per Team, Most Funds Raised for a Charity (pick your Team’s most special non-profit to support!)
HOW TO JOIN:
- Register HERE
- Check your email for your event confirmation and updates leading to the big day- including a printable bib.
- Follow us on IG @move.withmm for recipes, running and recovery tips, share your progress and see the progress of others along the way. #accountability
- Stay tuned for weekly gear giveaways on IG!
WHAT’s UP WITH 54?
- If you have been hanging with us, you know 54 has HUGE meaning for us. Mooch and Melissa met when Melissa’s brother puked in Mooch’s bootcamp class (so don’t worry if you puke during your 54 minute run), and the energy and connection was evident immediately.
- Shortly after they launched their first program together with a shared vision and mission to empower others.
- And right around that time, they had a little sign around the number 54. One that has grown and shown up in many ways throughout their journey together. Read more about Mooch, Melissa and their mission HERE, and tune into the podcast where they share the details on 54 HERE.